Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

October 13, 2011

This past weekend, I attended an auction that combined a number of estates. I wasn't on the lookout for anything in particular, but I ended up with some stuff that I'm pretty happy about.

miscellaneous glasswares
Mish-mash of random glassware and other housewares.

It was actually a pretty sad auction. Most people attending were just there with cars, so big items were going for ridiculously low prices. A double pedestal Duncan Phyfe dining table, worth retail around $4,000...sold for a piddly $150.

We also only had a car, otherwise I'd be all over that. Seriously.

My favourite purchase of the day were these chairs.

wood chairs with arms

While they need to be recovered, and there is a small amount of damage, it's nothing that I can't work with.

Wanna know how much I paid?

$5.

Not each.

Total.

That's $1.25 a chair.

So excited! Unfortunately, Mike isn't nearly as excited as I am, so they won't be making an appearance around the kitchen table. They will be split up around the house. One will most definitely be my cloffice chair!

Have you ever found an outrageous deal at an auction?

Update: See a finished chair here!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger